[tbb-dev] 38.6.0esr unit tests

Arthur D. Edelstein arthuredelstein at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 02:04:26 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Nicolas Vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for running these tests, Nicolas! Super useful.

> The main things we can see is that we have a few tests that did not fail
> when they were run on 38.6.0esr without any other patch:
> - tbb-tests/test_tor_bug2875.html
> - tbb-tests/browser_tor_bug2950.js
> - tbb-tests/test_tor_bug4755.html
> - tbb-tests/test_tor_bug5856.html

I made a branch with these tests only and, at least on my Mac, they
all fail as desired. Here's the branch I used:
https://github.com/arthuredelstein/tor-browser/commits/check_tests_fail
Note I also included the "Bug #12620: TorBrowser regression tests
folder" patch, because this is required for the tests to run. Maybe
that is the difference here?

As Nicolas noted before, there is a problem with the regression test
for #2950. It seems to only work on OS X and not Linux.

Arthur