[tbb-dev] 38.6.0esr unit tests

Nicolas Vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Feb 11 12:28:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, 09 Feb 2016, Arthur D. Edelstein wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Nicolas Vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thanks for running these tests, Nicolas! Super useful.
>
> > The main things we can see is that we have a few tests that did not fail
> > when they were run on 38.6.0esr without any other patch:
> > - tbb-tests/test_tor_bug2875.html
> > - tbb-tests/browser_tor_bug2950.js
> > - tbb-tests/test_tor_bug4755.html
> > - tbb-tests/test_tor_bug5856.html
>
> I made a branch with these tests only and, at least on my Mac, they
> all fail as desired. Here's the branch I used:
> https://github.com/arthuredelstein/tor-browser/commits/check_tests_fail
> Note I also included the "Bug #12620: TorBrowser regression tests
> folder" patch, because this is required for the tests to run. Maybe
> that is the difference here?

I tried to push your check_tests_fail branch to Try Server, but the
tests don't fail either:
https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=try&revision=46dbd789fc1e&selectedJob=16558215

When looking at the logs in
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/try-builds/boklm@torproject.org-46dbd789fc1e2faebe60ef2708c157bdd8692ebc/try-linux64-debug/
I can't find the tbb-tests/test_tor_bug*.html tests, so I am not sure
they have been run.