[tbb-dev] How much the Tor Browser is still a Bundle?

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Mon Mar 10 18:47:33 UTC 2014

Hi!

We usually call Tor's flagship product the “Tor Browser Bundle”.
But since Tor Browser 3 and our departure from Vidalia, I'm having a
harder time going on calling it a “bundle”.

This is really obvious with the Mac OS X version, where users now
interact with only a single icon, called “Tor Browser”.

One concrete example is the logo and the wording that is visible in the
configuration wizard. The logo says “Tor Browser Bundle” and the text
right next to it says “Before the Tor Browser Bundle tries…”.
Couldn't we just drop the “Bundle” here?

For another small unconsistency, the wizard window title is “Tor Network
Settings”.

(Also, “bundle” is super painful to translate properly in French… but
that's a side effect.)

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>