[Tor www-team] Suggestions for Mirrors in Censored Countries

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Sun May 4 22:00:04 UTC 2014

William Papper wrote:
> If we can go up to 1.7GB, then that's not a problem. There could also
> be a simple script setup to clone tbb-bin [6] if GitHub does start to
> enforce the limit on our repo, or we could start looking at external
> sources. My ideal is that someone can just use "git clone" and have a
> working mirror, so I'd prefer for the script to be a backup plan.
>
> Is tbb-bin currently updated by a script, or is everything done
> manually?

   Everything is done manually.  If this gets used as the source for
mirror downloads, I'd likely remove the version numbers (with a mention
in the readme) so that out-of-date pages will continue to link to
working bundles.  And right now I blow away the repo entirely instead of
updating it, but I can just set up a different process to redact the old
bundle commits and add new ones.  (Rather than have git store all the
outdated bundles, which could get problematic when cloning).

~Griffin