[Tor www-team] Graphic Design thoughts

thomas lörtsch tl at rat.io
Fri Jan 24 12:27:17 UTC 2014

There is a middle ground: make the onion look more sleek, abstract, stylized, while still recognizable as an onion. Not too hard to do. Could make the logo (and the project) look less hobbyist and still very much be recognizable as an onion, as a derivation/evolution of the old logo, as a hint on the not-so-big-business-but-rather-grassroots nature of the project. And save everybody from the time bending, energy crushing black hole that discussions about all-new logos usually tend to become.
That said: this is not urgent, this is not a show stopper, nothing else depends on it. One day, when the time is right, a proposal for a better logo will just surface. That day will not come before some other work is done and everybody has a good feeling about the project being on a good way. Let’s not fear that discussion but also let’s not start it before everybody is ready.

Cheers
Thomas

(and sorry that I can’t really help because I have to finish my work on visionion first, which will take another few weeks/months/who knows)