[Tor www-team] Proposed personas

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Mon Jan 13 20:35:28 UTC 2014

Marina Brown:
> On 01/09/2014 12:32 PM, Silviu Riley wrote:
> > Maybe simplify it even further to job or simple description:
> >
> > The Student The Journalist The Researcher The Donor The Engineer
> > The Activist The Dissident (might need even more protection than
> > The Activist)
>
> I'd add the following categories.
>
> Whistleblower - they may only use tor once.

How would this be different from The Activist? The latter is currently
described as:

     The Activist would like to comment anonymously on the Internet and
     not link her personal accounts to her activism work. She would like
     to use Tor to achieve this.

> User - they use tor for safety or simply to get around censorship.
>        When i use tor on Amtrak i fall into this category.
>
>      Under User there might be Stalking victim.

“User” is way to generic to be useful as a persona. I am a Tor user.
Yet, most folks would not understand the technical language I am able to
grasp.

We might be missing “The Stalking Victim”, though. How would different
would she be The Student or The Dissident?

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>