[ux] Let's get to know lektor

Silvia [Hiro] hiro at torproject.org
Thu Nov 9 09:48:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

A few days back I sent an email about the framework we are evaluating
for the support portal.

The live test can be accessed here: http://pipeline.torproject.net:9900/

Here is the git repository: https://oniongit.eu/infra/portal

Here is the framework home page: https://www.getlektor.com

Lektor can work as a console tool, like Jekyll. Also, if you have a mac
though, you do not have to install anything from the console. You can
use the mac desktop app.

https://github.com/lektor/lektor/releases/tag/3.0.1

What the app does is run the local lektor server that will allow you to
edit the website as you would in a normal cms.

If you would like to give it a try, you have to clone the git repository
for the project first and then open the lektor app and browse to the
repository folder.

The idea is that once you make your changes you will be able to make a
push and a merge request to the oniongit repository. I understand a
small familiarity with git is required in this case.

Please let me know how you feel working with this framework and if you
think it can make your life easier.

Talk soon,
-hiro