[tor-teachers] tor teachers -- politics

Alison Macrina macrina at riseup.net
Mon Oct 19 12:39:32 UTC 2015

Changing the subject line to be more relevant...

Stephen:
> Anyone mind if we can stay off of politics? I'd really like to stay
> subscribed to this list.

Hi Stephen,

I understand that you didn't sign up for political discussions, but the
very act of teaching Tor is political in most countries. I think it is
imperative that we understand the political climates we might face,
especially in countries that are not our own, and share our experiences
(as well as solidarity) with other folks here. I'd like to hear what
other people think, but I'm personally strongly against forbidding
politics on this list.

> So I happen to be flying around teaching classes already. Does anyone know
> if we have any tools for getting people and classes scheduled? I have all
> the materials, but no students :-)

That depends on a lot of things. Where are you hosting the classes? What
promotional tools are available to you? I teach all of my classes at
libraries, which means I can use their built-in publicity resources.

Alison