[tor-talk] Using torsocks with ZNC

John B Morris John.BM.2001 at protonmail.ch
Fri Jul 9 04:22:20 UTC 2021

Hello,
I want to use torsocks with ZNC to connect to freenode's tor hidden service and connect to the IRC through Tor.

I don't have much of an idea how to do this, and running the command "torsocks znc" returns the error "Unable to bind: Operation not permitted" when ZNC tries to bind to a port I set in the settings.

How would I get this to work? Trying to migrate from proxychains. (Proxychains4 doesn't work with ZNC due to an issue with background processes.)

Thank you,
John