[tor-talk] 'Refresh tor browser' - and then it wasn't one anymore.

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Wed May 4 10:21:28 UTC 2016

On 05/04/2016 12:13 PM, me at beroal.in.ua wrote:
> I have a similar question. Is it possible to turn off updates which TBB
> does by itself? I would rather update from the Linux repository.

Why? The updater in TBB is safer than updating from the Linux
repository. Updates are fetched via Tor, only the TBB-team signature is
accepted. Tor Browser is not in "Linux repositories", and are very
unlikely to make it in, mainly because distributions such as Debian do
not want forks/duplicated packages (Firefox <-> TBB).

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/