[tor-talk] Fixing the problem of sending email from Tor: Proof of Work based system

Mike Ingle mike at confidantmail.org
Mon Mar 2 22:44:55 UTC 2015

He was talking about using a proof of work for anti-spam purposes.
That requires support at both ends. Encryption and signatures also
require support at both ends.

For all those reasons I think that secure and anonymous email needs a
new protocol. It should
not be patched onto SMTP. People have been trying to do that for 20
years and secure email is
still rare.

Confidant Mail also has a listserv, so you can run a mailing list behind
Tor with it. The users have
to download the software, but that's true of any secure mail option, and
mine is easy to set up on
the client side.

Mike