[tor-talk] Putting the "Tor" back in Torrent

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:47:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

I had a kind of same thoughts for the Peersm project at the begining,
but it can not fly.

The Tor network is far too small for P2P applications and you (we) are
not addressing the same threat at all, so even if you expand it I don't
see the rationale of doing such.

Therefore, the idea is more to build something based on the Tor protocol
rather than using absolutely the Tor network, ie building another
network based on the Tor protocol concepts, personnaly I would not
envision one second to use something like hidden services.

Of course, the fact that the Tor network is there can help, in the
context of Peersm project it's only supposed to be used for web
fetching, which is supposed to be marginal.

Please take a look at https://github.com/Ayms/torrent-live ,
popcorn-like side effect of Peersm project, working incredibely well,
not related directly to this discussion for now but maybe later...

Regards

Aymeric

--
Peersm : http://www.peersm.com