[tor-talk] Fwd: according to leaked XKeyScore source NSA marks all Tor users as extremists, puts them on a surveillance list

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Jul 4 13:29:29 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 07:21:07AM -0500, bauta at clovermail.net wrote:

> Does the NSA barter this database of suspicious extremists with
> foreign services?

They do, according to Drake.

> Certainly there are some friendly services eager to get their hands
> on IP addresses
> of NSA selected suspicious extremists located in their country.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list — I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!

> In a few years after joining, splitting, mining this subprime database hardly
> no one will know the insufficient origins of the shiny new AAA+
> suspects database.
>
> The new witch-hunters fabricate the witches.

They have to justify their budget, just as security services fabricate
(adaptive increase in number of privacy advocates after each disclosed
abuse is predictable) rabbits from their magic hat.

They need as many extremists as they can possibly fabricate, and then some.