[tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

Juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 19:18:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 18:32:27 +0100
Mark McCarron <mark.mccarron at live.co.uk> wrote:

> Alex,
> You must be living in a fantasy land.  The problem still remains, Tor
> is vulnerable to a global view and that global view exists according
> to Snowden.  Further, it would appear that Tor was designed to fit
> into that global view and provide US intelligence with the locations
> of both users and hidden services, whilst pretending to provide
> anonymity.
> I don't see anyone denying it.  Do you?

	Well, Roger Dingledine  said

	¨I've tried to tolerate the conspiracy theories / trolling here,
	since there are legitimate worries to be had about what attacks
	various adversaries may have come up with,¨

	Keywords being ¨legitimate worries¨.

	I find it funny(entertaining) that whereas key tor people are
	willing to admit that the picture isnt exactly rosy,

	several voices in  this list seem to be pretending
	exactly the opposite.  And some of them candidly admit ¨ I am
	not a mathematician, statistician nor Tor programmer¨ (Zenaan)

	Question for the experts out there, both real and imagined.

	Is freenet´s distributed data storage more robust than tor´s
	model? (assume tor is being used only as storage)

	Or is freenet just as susceptible to traffic analysis as tor