[tor-talk] Unable to play YouTube Vids in Firefox with Tor toggled on

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Tue Jun 26 20:27:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:43:36AM -0700, michaelwprx at yahoo.com.au wrote 1.7K bytes in 50 lines about:
: I have had the same problem. It's not that the video is only available in Flash, because if it is, YouTube will say, 'You must download and install Flash' and give the link to Adobe.

Actually, youtube has a few error messages. Some say "this video is
unavailable" when it is only available in flash. For testing, I've tried
the same video via html5 on a non-tor browser and via flash on the same
browser, same IP/location. html5 video didn't play, but the flash video
did play.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact