[tor-talk] Unable to play YouTube Vids in Firefox with Tor toggled on

bao song michaelwprx at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 26 17:43:36 UTC 2012

I have had the same problem. It's not that the video is only available in Flash, because if it is, YouTube will say, 'You must download and install Flash' and give the link to Adobe.

My guess is that many videos are only available in some locations, and with Tor, you can't be sure where you appear to be, but it's somewhere the video is unavailable.

As someone pasted several years ago, if you can figure out where the video IS available, you can set that as your location by editing the torrc file.