[tor-talk] Cannot finish handshake with directory server (Kazakhstan)

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.org
Wed Feb 29 19:49:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 00:30:36 -0500
andrew at torproject.org wrote:
> Indeed, see
> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/kazakhstan-upgrades-censorship-deep-packet-inspection
>
> You need the obfsproxy bundle,
> https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy.html.en.

Here's slightly more data on .kz. A volunteer and I coordinated testing
and now we have both sides of the conversation. I don't think this
changes anything. It still seems the blocking is done at the client key
exchange. An alternative is that the server hello triggers the blocking
and the blocking is just really slow.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact