[tor-talk] Dutch CA issues fake *.torproject.org cert (among many others)

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 2 14:57:43 UTC 2011

On 9/2/2011 9:28 AM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> On 9/2/2011 7:55 AM, Achter Lieber wrote:

I believe that the point of Roger's message was that you or I may not
really be downloading the package from TorProject, if we are using SSL
that is authenticated to a fake certificate.

I do not use a Mac, but I was able to use GPA and Kleopatra in Windows
to verify that the bundles I downloaded were signed by Erinn.
In <

https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures>

the procedure for verification spelled out for use on a Mac should work
to verify files containing Windows code.The procedure applies to the
verification computer, not the target computer.

David Carlson