[tor-talk] Linkedin.com does not work with Tor.

Matthew pumpkin at cotse.net
Sat Jul 30 10:13:48 UTC 2011

  Hello,

When I connect to www.linkedin.com using Tor I receive the 401 error:

*type* Status report

*message*

*description* _This request requires HTTP authentication ()._

      Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

I do not get this error when I toggle Tor and the page loads normally.
Perhaps someone could explain what "HTTP authentication" means in the
context of just trying to load the home page and what - if anything - can
be done to solve the issue.

Also - is there a way of providing more technical information rather than
just describing the situation?  The same type of technical information as
pasting from a log file but instead for when I am connecting to web sites
(as above) and there are problems?  Like an add-on for Firefox?