[tor-talk] Request for Help Configuring Torbutton for Remote Polipo

Jim Jimmymac at copper.net
Sat Jul 30 10:46:29 UTC 2011

hikki at Safe-mail.net wrote:
> [...]

I don't see why.  I run Tor/Privoxy as a server on a computer with a
single ethernet device (no wireless) just fine.  I usually use SSH
tunnels to send data from client machines instead of connecting to
Privoxy directly from the LAN, but I don't see how that fundamentally
changes anything.  (I just did a quick check w/o the SSH tunnel and it
seemed to work fine.)  You would have to make sure that Polipo or
Privoxy (or Tor, if using it w/o a proxy) is listening on the LAN
connection and make sure any firewall is configured appropriately.

Now if you want to *force* the clients to use Tor, via transparent proxy
or otherwise, rather than access the Internet directly, you might need
two interfaces.  I really haven't thought that one through

Jim