[off topic] Configuring an IP blind Apache server

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Mon May 1 20:18:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 04:09:28PM -0400, Michael Holstein wrote:
:>It seem like there should be a way to plumb in privoxy or something,
:>but I can quite think how.  Any suggestions or pointers?
:
:Wouldn't it just be easier to edit your httpd.conf to change the log
:format to *not* log the IP address?
:
:eg : take out the %h (for the IP address)
:
:LogFormat "%l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common

Yes I do that I also redirect error logs to a script that scrubs IPs
out since there isn't an Apache directive to do this.  But Content
Management Systems (CMS), message board software and other such things
often do their own logging into their database backends.

The idea is a system wide solution that allows any user group to
install any semi-random PHP/MySQL frob without having to hack around
trying to find and disable its IP logging.

-Jon