[off topic] Configuring an IP blind Apache server

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Mon May 1 20:09:28 UTC 2006

> It seesm like there should be a way to plub in privoxy or something,
> but I can quite think how.  Any suggestions or pointers?

Wouldn't it just be easier to edit your httpd.conf to change the log
format to *not* log the IP address?

eg : take out the %h (for the IP address)

LogFormat "%l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common

Complete docs :

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/logs.html#accesslog

Perhaps I'm missing something, but if all you want to do is have an
Apache server that dosen't log what comes in, there are much easier ways
than using Privoxy (et.al.) to do it.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University