Circuit failure after IP changes

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Thu Apr 6 05:58:43 UTC 2006

So I'm having problems with tor establishing new circuits after an IP
change on my laptop. Tor seems unable to build new circuits after this
happens, and I get tons of logs to the effect of:

Apr 05 21:47:09.391 [warn] onion_extend_cpath(): Failed to find node
for hop 0 of our path. Discarding this circuit.

Connecting to the control port shows no circuits are built.

I'm using 0.1.1.17-rc, and I'm also using the
EntryNodes/StrictEntryNodes config directives to specify a list of
trusted entry nodes. Perhaps reachability problems during the downtime
between IP changes causes all of my entry nodes to be invalidated?

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist