[tor-reports] Core Tor work for SponsorU in March 2016

Isabela isabela at riseup.net
Tue Apr 12 17:56:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

March was a busy month wrapping up the 0.2.8[1] release and triaging for
the 0.2.9 series.

Major achievements include:

Guard node improvements (task 4.1)

    * More design work and increasing implementation torwards a final
design.

Improved public identity keys for Tor relays (task 4.2)

    * The directory authority side is now finally implemented and
deployed.  We'll fix any bugs as we find them.

Better DoS resistance throughout the Tor protocol (task 4.3)

    * This took a significant amount of time in the 0.2.9 triage, due to
the broadness of the deliverable.  We're pursuing a large number of "low
hanging fruit" areas her in 0.2.9 [2].

Rigorous developer documentation (task 4.4)

    * We're written a small set of tools to better manage documentation
inside the codebase, and mark missing documentation. We've continued to
improve per-module documentation as we touch the modules.

We also started the month with our Dev Meeting hacking days and some of
us staying for IFF event in Valencia.

[1] https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-0282-alpha-released
[2]
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status!=closed&keywords=~tor-dos-designs&keywords=~tor-dos&milestone=Tor%3A+0.2.9.x-final

--
PM at TorProject.org
gpg fingerprint = 8F2A F9B6 D4A1 4D03 FDF1  B298 3224 4994 1506 4C7B