[tor-reports] Sherief's May 2015

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 05:56:31 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Here's what I did in May:
* Resolved 410 RT tickets.
* Attended SponsorO meetings.

* Tor Browser videos automation report:
   It has been decided that we shouldn't produce screencasts for Tor
Browser manually and spend time on creating a process that creates them
automatically. So far the result was fine until we ran into technical
blockers on OS X which I plan to work on during June and as a volunteer
in July.

** Technical blockers:
*** QuickTime player does not record the mouse pointer if .hover() was
used during the execution of the script.
*** Sikuli Stable doesn't run on OS X 10.10.x (we're using nightly builds).
*** OS X doesn't respect /etc/hosts entries when it comes to .org
domains, also, ping works and commands such as curl do not. We've tried
clearing the OS' cached DNS, wiping all browsers history but it seems
(according to Mark Smith) that this is an "OS caching issue, or some
applications have their own DNS resolver that bypasses the OS libraries."

--
Sherief Alaa
pgp 0x8623B882