[tor-reports] Tom's May 2015

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Mon Jun 1 14:09:01 UTC 2015

== Collector
I'm running a collector mirror on my home connection.

TODO: Move collector to the bwauth machine

TODO: When Karsten has time, confirm that the HS I set up is useful
enough for him to sync the data

== BW Authorities
I'm running a bwauth, thanks to the gracious hardware donation of a
community member

Work on torflow a bit, fixing some bugs and double the number of
scanners[0,1]. These commits are now in master[2]

TODO: At some point, switch my bwauth to use the official torflow repo
instead of my branches

== TBB

Got jemalloc3 running on ESR38, did a performance comparison. [3]

Got a libreplace library built that randomizes allocations into arenas
based on uninitialized memory. [4] Tried to segment allocations using
backtrace() but it was too slow.

Investigated segmenting allocations by memory tags. Seems unfruitful. [4]

Tried building the TBB ESR38 branch; failed.

TODO: Walk the stack in ASM myself to segment based on callsite; put
this in a libreplace library.

TODO: Segment the correct javascript allocations (strings, arrays)
into arenas in the FF code proper.

TODO: Debug the TBB ESR38 build.

TODO: Get this code on github.

== Ref