[tor-reports] Runa's September 2013

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Wed Sep 25 23:56:37 UTC 2013

(I'm heading to Louisville, Kentucky tomorrow for DerbyCon [1], so I
figured I'd get this status report out sooner rather than later)

Top things I did this month:

o Attempted to figure out why the number of running Tor Cloud
instances dropped to around 300 (#9751). I was not able to find
anything technically wrong with the current Tor Cloud images. The Trac
ticket lists three possible explanations.

o Created branches in the translation.git repository for new Torbutton
resources  (#9000).

o Attempted to reach Transifex to discuss an issue we are having with
empty strings in Torbutton translations (#9144, which blocks #8952).

o Started rewriting the short user manual (#5571, #5811, #8003,
#8779). The next version should be easier to read and translate. I
have asked the support team for input on what the current, frequently
asked questions are and will update the manual with this information.

o Advertised our proposed Tor page on Stack Exchange. The proposal
reached 100% commitment last weekend and will launch as a private beta
real soon. Committed users will receive invites to the private beta
via email. For more information about this private beta, see [2].

Top things I would like to do next month:

o Sign up for the private beta of our Tor page on Stack Exchange, help
with asking and answering questions, and help figure out what the page
should (and should not) be about.

o Continue to rewrite the short user manual (#5571, #5811, #8003,
#8779). I am hoping to have a draft out for review within the first
week or so.

o Talk to the Open Technology Fund and Transifex regarding their
translation hub, see if we can somehow resolve the issue blocking
#8952.

o Attend BSides DC in Washington, D.C.

[1]: https://www.derbycon.com/
[2]: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-September/030187.html