[tor-reports] mrphs' Aug

Nima nima at redteam.io
Tue Sep 3 09:01:34 UTC 2013

Hello Amazing People,

//First an small backlog

As I didn't post my report in June and July, for the sake of having
record, I'll just mention the number of tickets I took on RT during that
time:

Resolved 142 tickets in June and 23 tickets in July.

//August

- I took 149 tickets on RT.

- Users were mostly complaining about Tor not working in Iran. This
issue has been solved right after we updated PT-TBB. And the complains
dropped significantly after I've wrote a blog post on Fa-blog [1] about it.

Few users were having issues with Orbot.
Few asking for iOS version.
Few were looking how to verify the bundles and a couple of users had
questions about how Tor works and how safe they can communicate through Tor.

- Many users were confused how to download Tor. With tpo website being
blocked in many countries and GetTor being broken, I totally feel them.

That's why me and Sukhbir started working on GetTor[2]. We've cleaned up
few tickets and have two of our options ready so far.

- I've slowly started working on the new design of shor-user-manual.

- Designed a logo for TorBirdy. Although it needs an small fix, but
TorBirdy developers have liked it so far! Hopefully it'll be ready for
next release and that's when you all can see it.

- updated Fa-blog with 2 blog posts.

//Sep goals

* stay on top of RT
* finish short-user-manual
* release TorBirdy log
* see GetTor happy and healthy again
* and probably changing Fa-blog theme if I find spare time. it looks ugly :/

[1]
https://fa-blog.torproject.org/pluggable-transports-bundles-2415-beta-2-pt1-firefox-1708esr/
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/report/35

All the bests,
--
Nima
0XC009DB191C92A77B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall