[tor-reports] Karsten's April

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon May 6 14:12:09 UTC 2013

On 5/1/13 6:14 PM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> I'm yet unsure what I want to do in May.  From past reports it seems
> that my plans from the beginning of a month were only a very rough
> approximation of what I'd do in that month.  I decided not to make plans
> for all of May now, but to decide every week or even every day what's
> most important to work on.  If somebody wants me to do something in
> particular, please let me know, and I'll see if I can squeeze it in.

Okay, the above paragraph isn't entirely true.  I do have plans for May.
 Here are my top 5 goals:

- Make sure Tom takes over sponsor F year 3 phase 2.

- Get Shadow running with tor master, rebase and test a few tor branches
that were written for maintained branches, and ask Nick to review and
merge them into master.

- Make progress on new user statistics, including obfsproxy and IPv6
statistics.  Maybe deploy on yatei and get some graphs onto the metrics
website.

- Write a database importer for Thomas' Visionion project, so that he
has some real data to visualize.  (This could be the next generation
metrics website if all goes well.)

- Improve my Twisted Torperf implementation so that it reaches feature
parity with the current Torperf.  Also discuss the JSON data format with
Mike, so that we can use Torperf to gather more data.

Items 3, 4, and 5 in that list are medium-sized projects, so I have
difficulties estimating how much time they'll take.  Completing all of
them is probably too optimistic, but making progress on some or most of
them would be very valuable.