[tor-reports] Philipp's June 2013

Philipp Winter identity.function at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 15:43:55 UTC 2013

I spent most of my time improving the ScrambleSuit pluggable transport
protocol.  I mostly finished the replay protection mechanism and I'm in the
process of experimenting with different lightweight traffic analysis defences.
In particular, I try to bind a static and randomly generated probability
distribution to every server which determines packet lengths and inter arrival
times; instead of generating such a distribution every time a client connects.

In general, the code is getting close to being useful in practice, so I would
greatly appreciate any review, patches etc.  The repository is available here:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/phw/scramblesuit.git  It's pure Python with
approximately 2,000 LoC at this point.

Besides, an extended version of our design for a Tor censorship analyser [0]
got accepted at USENIX FOCI.  I spent some time and will spend some more time
working on the final version.

[0] https://research.torproject.org/techreports/censorship-analysis-tool-2013-02-06.pdf

Cheers,
Philipp