[tor-reports] gsathya's December

Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran gsathya at torproject.org
Wed Jan 2 03:49:02 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org>
wrote:

> If you're interested in a python controller gui then you might want to
> look an krkhan's arm gui. It's a GTK interface that provides a sizable
> chunk of what arm does. To use it just run arm with the '--gui'
> argument. I've dropped it from the dev codebase since it was
> unmaintained, but it's in the latest release (1.4.5).

I did look at that, but getting GTK to run on OSX was just too painful.

> Also, you might want to look at stem.process rather than using a
> custom launcher...

https://stem.torproject.org/api/process.html#stem.process.launch_tor_with_config

I tried that in the beginning, but PySide wouldn't work with that properly.
It kept blocking for some reason(completion_percent=0 didn't work either),
so I wrote a custom launcher.

> That said, github says that the last change was 25 days ago so guess
> this was just an experiment. :)

It currently works for my use case, but I do want to extend this controller
to test stem's circuits and events API.