[tor-reports] sebastian's last month

Sebastian Hahn sebastian at torproject.org
Sun Oct 7 14:16:13 UTC 2012

Hey hey,

some of the things I did last month:

 - Mostly I worked on Thandy packaging, understanding the thp format,
   and actually fitting that to the TBB scripts

 - Further improved the TBB scripts unrelated to thp

 - Helped include Farahavar as a new directory authority, and coordinate
   the move to consensus methods 13/14. We had quite a ton of trouble
   which took huge amounts of time to resolve, because we didn't get all
   dirauth ops together at the same time to do the upgrade, so we had a
   few dirauths not able to participate in consensus making due to their
   supported consensus methods and a few who didn't agree on who was an
   authority, which resulted in missed consensuses. All in all this was
   not too bad tho, because we managed to spot the problem quickly and
   analyzed it correctly.

 - Looked at statically building some of our stuff on OS X/Windows to
   help out Erinn some, and looked a little at obfsproxy - most was
   already done previously or by Erinn, so I didn't have too much to do
   :)

 - All the regular small git maintenance/support/help stuff, along with
   fixing the translation cronjob, irc support, etc.

Next month is basically more of the same for me, I think. Mostly I'll be
focused on getting more experience with thp, and finding some testers
for it. Hopefully I'll be able to work with chiiph some here. Also, I'll
work with Erinn to integrate my patches so far with the TBB repository,
so they stop existing in a void and actually see some use :-)