[tor-reports] George's status report: October 2012

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Thu Nov 1 14:15:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

this is a list of some Tor stuff I did during October:

- Finished up pyptlib and wrote documentation for it:
  http://pyptlib.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
  It should be ready to be used by other projects now.

- Wrote a tor patch that allows obfsproxy bridge operators to specify
  the listening addresses of their managed-proxy (#7013).

- Wrote more code for pyobfsproxy:
  Fixed up some bugs. Wrote an obfs2 implementation that is capable of
  communicating with C-obfsproxy. Wrote a heartbeat log. Wrote a silly
  base64 transport.

- Tested pyobfsproxy:
  For the client-side, I started using the Obfsproxy Browser Bundle,
  but with pyobfsproxy instead of obfsproxy. It worked fine.
  For the server-side, Linus setup pyobfsproxy in his obfsbridge and it
  seems to work well.
  There are probably still some bugs out there, but at least
  pyobfsproxy is working in some cases. I should write a robust
  integration test suite soon.

- Started thinking about authentication mechanisms for the Extended
  ORPort and TransportControlPort (#7098). I'm currently preparing a
  proposal and waiting to hear comments from Nick.

- Found a bug in tor (#7191).