[tor-relays] Disable instance

hellorelay hellorelay at protonmail.com
Fri Jun 14 09:25:52 UTC 2024

Since you created the instance using 'tor-instance-create', here’s an extract from its manpage:
There currently is no tor-instance-remove script. To remove an instance, delete the user and its homedirectory once you are convinced there are no files or processes on your system still owned by that user. Then also remove the corresponding directory tree in /etc/tor/instances.
So, my approach would be the following:
1. Stop any process related to that instance
2. Remove any file owned by its user in /etc/tor/instances/, /var/lib/tor-instances/, /var/run/tor-instances/ and, if logged there, /var/log/
 3. Then remove the user, group and homedir
El vie, 14 jun, 2024 a las 09:16,  <mailinglistreader at riseup.net> ha escrito:         I ran into a problem with instances. On some of my servers I noticed that the performance decreased when running a node for each CPU (more than 2 virtual CPUs on those systems). So I disabled the newest node on those systems with "systemctl disable tor at instancename.default" without getting a output. But after an TOR update or reboot of the system, that instance is up again.

  Is it enough to (re)move the instance folders in /etc/tor/instances and /var/run/tor-instances, or do I have to look in another location as well?