[tor-relays] Disable instance

Thu Jun 13 18:17:22 UTC 2024

I ran into a problem with instances. On some of my servers I noticed that the performance decreased when running a node for each CPU (more than 2 virtual CPUs on those systems). So I disabled the newest node on those systems with "systemctl disable tor at instancename.default" without getting a output. But after an TOR update or reboot of the system, that instance is up again.

Is it enough to (re)move the instance folders in /etc/tor/instances and /var/run/tor-instances, or do I have to look in another location as well?