[tor-relays] Archive key from deb.torproject.org was renewed!

boldsuck lists at for-privacy.net
Thu Jul 25 00:55:12 UTC 2024

On Donnerstag, 25. Juli 2024 01:29:41 CEST you wrote:

> What was the previous key for reminder?
The same ;-)

> This looks like exactly the one I installed BEFORE all your messages
> mentioning the requirement to update... manually.

Of course, it is the same key as before. When creating PGP keys, an expiration
date is defined by default. The Repo PGP key is always valid for 2 years and
the expiry date has been extended  for the next 2 years.

> I have a problem in that I like to remove ssh before I leave my
> installations, to be conscious.

What do you mean exactly? 'exit', and you are logged out.

> I would have to re-install yet I am pretty sure my key was also 89-ending.
>
> QUESTION:
>
> is there any one / way to tell whether my relays have the proper key
> from any metrics / torproject admin / version showing up?

apt update  gives error message that key has expired.

apt-key -list
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/deb.torproject.org-keyring.gpg
pub   rsa2048 2009-09-04 [SC] [expires: 2028-08-29]
      A3C4 F0F9 79CA A22C DBA8  F512 EE8C BC9E 886D DD89
uid           [ unknown] deb.torproject.org archive signing key
sub   rsa2048 2009-09-04 [S] [expires: 2026-09-09]

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!