[tor-relays] Archive key from deb.torproject.org was renewed - mind the * deb * !

Louis-Philippe Véronneau pollo at debian.org
Wed Aug 14 17:59:40 UTC 2024

On 2024-08-14 1 h 44 p.m., boldsuck wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 14. August 2024 18:20:43 CEST Toralf Förster via tor-relays
> wrote:
>> On 8/14/24 16:13, boldsuck wrote:
>>> If you have 'unattended upgrades' enabled, you will get an ERROR email.
>>
>> Highly depends on a configured mailer IMO.
>
> ;-)
> That's clear. But without mailout I don't even know whether unattended
> upgrades are running or not. And that I have to reboot because of the kernel
> upgrade or similar. (I don't like auto reboots)
> Who runs a server in the data center without getting raid-, smart-, log-,
> whatever emails?

I do run unattended upgrades on my servers and I find `needrestart` is a
pretty nice tool to know when a machine has to be rebooted.

`needrestart -p` provides a standard output that can be imported in
different monitoring systems (I use icinga2) and most of them can also
do alerting.

If you're planning to go the prometheus way, it does support alerting too:

https://prometheus.io/docs/alerting/latest/alertmanager/

--
   ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
   ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau