[tor-relays] Archive key from deb.torproject.org was renewed!

Martin Gebhardt martin at SDF.ORG
Fri Aug 2 00:10:21 UTC 2024

>> Since you are all tinkering with your servers anyway, why don't you try
>> deb822-style ;-)
>
> Because that doesn't make sense for public Tor nodes, but rather for .onion
> services.
> Many ISPs and providers have a Debian and Tor mirror and I use them via
> clearnet because reliability for security updates is important to me.

ok, you are probably referring to the fact that i use the repo via .onion.
But i actually wanted to point out the format of the APT source files, see https://manpages.debian.org/unstable/apt/sources.list.5.en.html#DEB822-STYLE_FORMAT :-)

And regardless of that: In my opinion, it makes perfect sense to also obtain public services such as OS updates via Tor. The more data flying around the Tor network, the better it is for the Tor network.

Ahoy,
Martin