[tor-relays] [Important] A call for more long running bridges, especially with OBFS IAT-Mode set to 1 or 2.

Fran fatal at mailbox.org
Mon May 15 09:19:21 UTC 2023

Hey,

the paper is from August 2018 (if I looked at the correct one), not so
recent :)

And e. g. Philipp Winter questions the usefulness of iat_mode:

 > substantial performance penalty for a dubious and poorly understood
privacy gain

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2021-February/019370.html

I personally leave my bridges as they are, without iat_mode.

Best,

Fran