[tor-relays] Bridge operator iat_mode setting

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Thu Feb 25 21:14:15 UTC 2021

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 06:30:35PM +0100, Toralf Förster wrote:
> SO why is this not the default?

The feature introduces a substantial performance penalty for a dubious
and poorly understood privacy gain.  If I were to write an algorithm to
detect obfs4, I wouldn't bother dealing with its flow properties; there
are easier ways to identify the protocol.  In hindsight, it was probably
a mistake to expose the iat option to users and bridge operators.

Cheers,
Philipp