[tor-relays] Does Tor work with Intel QAT acceleration

Jonas Friedli jonasfriedli at danwin1210.de
Tue Jun 7 15:16:22 UTC 2022

Am 12.04.2022 um 16:23 schrieb Bauruine:

> The tor-spec [1] shows that Tor only uses RSA with 1024 Bit Keys and the
> ciphersuits only contain AES CBC and no AES GCM ones. I'm not an expert
> but it looks like it's not that useful for Tor.

Yes and no? The limitation only apply tor protocol crypto itself afaik.

The tor does relay-to-relay in-protocol crypto inside an outer TLS
channel, which the latter currently using GCM afaik:

http://eweiibe6tdjsdprb4px6rqrzzcsi22m4koia44kc5pcjr7nec2rlxyad.onion/tpo/core/tor/-/blob/main/src/lib/tls/tortls_openssl.c#L415