[tor-relays] Unexpected classification with my guard relay

Logforme m7527 at abc.se
Tue Feb 22 15:16:23 UTC 2022

> I am contacting you because I don't understand why my relay is not
> considered as a guard relay (entry relay), since I already have the
> following flags: Fast, HSDir, Running, Stable, V2Dir, Valid.

The dir-spec.txt document
(https://github.com/torproject/torspec/blob/main/dir-spec.txt) specifies
what's needed for the different flags. For guard (line 2615) it says the
following on bandwidth requirements:

- Its bandwidth is at least AuthDirGuardBWGuarantee (if set, 2 MB by
          default), OR its bandwidth is among the 25% fastest relays

So looks you need to have at least 2MB/s. Your relay is at 290KB/s