[tor-relays] How to reduce tor CPU load on a single bridge?

Gary C. New garycnew at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 05:19:43 UTC 2022

David,
I'm in the process of trying to cross-compile snowflake for OpenWRT and Entware. Are there any other dependencies to compile snowflake other than Go?
Do you know if it's possible to configure multiple pluggable transports with different listeners within a single torrc?
Thanks, again.

Gary—
This Message Originated by the Sun.
iBigBlue 63W Solar Array (~12 Hour Charge)
+ 2 x Charmast 26800mAh Power Banks
= iPhone XS Max 512GB (~2 Weeks Charged)

    On Friday, December 9, 2022, 8:43:03 PM PST, David Fifield <david at bamsoftware.com> wrote:

 On Fri, Dec 09, 2022 at 08:43:26AM +0000, Gary C. New wrote:
> In my implementation of the loadbalanced OBFS4 configuration, it appears that BridgeDB still tests the ORPort for availability and without it marks the OBFS4 bridge as being down.

I see. Then yes, I suppose it is still necessary to expose the ORPort.

> I gather that default bridges don't require a DistributionMethod as your loadbalanced Snowflake configuration is set to "none?"

That's correct. Default bridges are not distributed by rdsys, they are
distributed in the configuration of Tor Browser itself. See
extensions.torlauncher.default_bridge.* in about:config.