[tor-relays] tor version question

torix torix at protonmail.com
Tue Sep 21 18:02:59 UTC 2021

Dear All,

I can see in OrNetStats that I have several relays marked as having a vulnerable Tor version. But when I checked and tried to update them, I was told that everything was up to date. In 2 cases relays rented at the same time on the same host have different versions.
AlexHost running FreeBSD release 12.1 and 12.2 respectively:
0.4.6.7 and 0.4.5.8
CoolComputers both running Centos8.4.2105:
0.4.6.6 and 0.4.5.10

I'm not sure why the same package repo would cough up different tor versions for different servers - is the answer to sit tight and wait for the older versions to catch up, or is there a way to force the older ones to update to a newer tor version? (My oldest version is 0.4.5.8).

TIA,

--Torix