[tor-relays] Rejected-fingerprints-found-in-attacks wiki page

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Fri Dec 10 12:49:56 UTC 2021

nusenu:

> Georg Koppen:
>> Here we go. I added the list of fingerprints for April 2021. I plan to
>> keep adding fingerprints monthly on the same wiki page[3], as we find
>> them in attacks.
>>
>> Georg
>>
>> [3]
>> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/team/-/wikis/Rejected-fingerprints-found-in-attacks
>>

> suggestion for an improvement to this process so it will become more
> accurate/complete (example: May 2021 is incomplete)

Could you elaborate on why you think May 2021 is incomplete and how to
fix that?

> and continue to work even a few months or years later
> and is more automation/machine readable friendly than the current approach
>
> - perform rejections in monthly files (files are included in the dir
> auth config)
> YYYY-MM

Hrm, maybe. I am not sure. One thing that makes things complicated is
that not all rejections are attacks in the sense we mentioned in the
wiki, so we would suddenly need to track those cases in different files
it seems.

> - have a monthly cronjob that copies and pushes the priors month file
> into a public git repository

The wiki is essentially a public git repository. I am not sure what
another public git repository would give us.

Georg