[tor-relays] How long does it take for a relay IP to stop being displayed in metrics and web service?

shsmbcfdfk shsmbcfdfk at protonmail.com
Wed Oct 28 06:53:56 UTC 2020

Hi,

I setup a non-exit relay on my home network and I have been listed as relay. So now me and my family even if we don't use Tor we are excluded from some online services.

Beyond the discussion of whether the owners of these services understand Tor or not, it's a problem that the address is added to public lists, especially for non-exit relays.

I completely shut down the relay several hours ago but my IP is still listed.

My question is how long does it take for a relay to disappear ?

Thanks,