[tor-relays] Would you place your secrets or in worst case make your life

zwiebeln zwiebeln at online.de
Mon Feb 17 12:43:44 UTC 2020

There is only a small path between moderation and censorship – to get my message released after four days is close to…

Your answer Theo is rather technical and doesn't apply really on the underlying question:

„Would you place your secrets or in worst case make your life depended on a network that is 21 percent controlled by a single person that you don't know?“

Your assumption: „But ultimately, if we doubled tor's exit bandwidth, this issue would go away. That's the best solution to this problem.“ - is wrong. The Exit only https://metrics.torproject.org/bandwidth-flags.html?start=2017-11-19&end=2020-02-17 has more than doubled in the last two years – while the exit probability of this single person decupled.

„Perhaps you could run more relays?“ - I am with the project now for more than three years an do run a exit probability somewhere close to 2 percent, that i don't like to increase, because i think it is a more than healthy fraction for a singe person – so why do you insinuate, my question is not in a „good faith“?

I hope more people do come on board of this discussion now!

Paul