[tor-relays] Would you place your secrets or in worst case make your life

Michael Gerstacker michael.gerstacker at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:34:17 UTC 2020

> I hope more people do come on board of this discussion now!

I dont think that there should be a fixed percentage about how much one
person is allowed to add.

"We need more relays ... but not from you! We don't reject your
fingerprints because we don't think that you are malicious but we don't
want you to add more relays just because!"

This sounds not very useful to me.

This might be something to consider if there would be that many relays that
literally every circuit got its own relays but if that would be the case
then it would be much more difficult for one single person to add so much
bandwidth.

So far i think the best way is to reject fingerprints or a whole family
once they do something provable malicious and in my opinion just adding
more bandwidth than other people is not malicious.