[tor-relays] Email Blocked by ISP

Neel Chauhan neel at neelc.org
Fri May 17 00:42:33 UTC 2019

Looking at your email address, you have an ISP assigned email. Unless
you work for Spectrum, you shouldn't use an ISP email account. I'd
advise you either:

  * Sign up for a third-party email service like Gmail, Outlook,
ProtonMail, or Tutanota

  * If you can maintain one, run your own email server (I do this myself
but many don't recommend it as email servers are complex)

Assuming you have a middle relay, I don't think the relay caused the
email problems. I believe someone hacked your email, whether through a
hacker attacking the Spectrum email server or a virus/malware gaining
access to your email via a browser exploit. Check for this first.

-Neel