[tor-relays] Off-topic conversation (was: Explain yourself Conrad Rockenhaus)

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Fri May 3 14:33:21 UTC 2019

Hi Gerry,

On 03/05/2019 15:14, gerard at bulger.co.uk wrote:
> Those of us on the edge of this community do not have a clue what you are talking about and why there is so much animosity. [...]

At best, this is off-topic conversation. These personal attacks are not
welcome on our lists.

> Do I gather that some individual or teams are considered a risk to the Tor project? [...]

While it is possible that a malicious actor could set up a relay, we
have a team for handling bad relays that uses an evidence-based
approach. You can read more about their work here:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReportingBadRelays

Thanks,
Iain.